Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

You just roll around Denver all day...

Maybe I'll just quote pop songs for the next few entries...I couldn't help thinking of Warren Zevon when I flew in to Denver tonight, since I might end up dead in the water here. A nasty late winter storm has shut down I-70 tonight, so I guess I'm going to have to wait and see what I can do in the morning. I was planning on getting on the road really early, but that doesn't look like an option.

I've got a big ugly Jeep 4x4...what an awful car. I learned how to drive in a 67 Jeep Commando, and that thing was better designed than the 4x4. My only consolation is that it will get me through to Norcatur if the roads are anywhere near decent.

Leaving WV this morning I was thinking about home a lot. The west end of the Salt Lake valley, which is heavy into mining and industry, was what I kept thinking about when I was tooling around Montgomery and up into the holler with Wanda and her granddaughter on Saturday. The downtown made me think of State Street in SLC, and how it was hollowed out. Perhaps that is one of the other intriguing things about Cornerstone: the more you travel in a Cornerstone mode (meeting the people, meeting the people through the plays), the more every place is like home.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?