Friday, March 17, 2006

 

On the Road...

I've gotten to Charleston after a day that made me pine for air travel of yore. Man they have gotten good at packing us in and picking us clean...ah well.

I've got a day in Montgomery tommorrow and I'm lined up to interview Wanda (Daniels) Folden, her daughter Jamie, and a couple of other people...still working out details for Jesse Johnson and Dyann Simile. What a great name: that's probably got to be my first question.

Sunday is a travel day (flying to Denver), then Monday I'm meeting Ron Temple at the Cardinal Cafe in Norcatur. Apparently he's going to hook me up with a few folks. And then Tuesday early I'm back in Denver for a flight home.

It's strange to go back to a past I know so much about but have so little experience with. A little eerie, I'd say. I've had that experience talking to people on some of the docs I have done, like all the jazz men and women I talked to around Lionel Hampton, or the vets I talkd to about Tet or the Viet Cong, or the designers I talked to who made all those movies come alive. Memory is an interesting place to be a tourist in....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?