Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Almost Heaven.

Well, I know it's the cliche, but being in West Virginia right on the edge of spring is almost heaven. The hills are full of bare branches, and the jagged slate walls along the side of the country roads are wet with runoff, but in the hollows and the flats all those cherry and pear and dogwood trees are popping with blossoms. Still, I guess "heaven" would be sometime right about the end of September or beginning of October.

I had a great day talking to four of Cornerstone's community partners, starting with Wanda and Jamie, and then including Dyann Similie and Jesse Johnson. I've got the pictures and the video, but alas can't upload any at the moment.

I heard a great part of the story that I haven't so far: the many plays that happened AFTER Cornerstone headed west. It's an issue that a lot of people in the Cornerstone I know (the one that's taken root in LA) are concerned about: nice to know it worked here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?