Sunday, November 13, 2005

 

Publishing Plans -- Plays to Ponder...

I'm talking through the Table of Contents with a number of people, and I hope to have a good solid one before Christmas. I'd like to use that as the hub of a proposal to a publisher, most likely TCG given their interest in and support for Cornerstone. The end of this phase of the project would be a very finished PDF of a proposal/TOC to show publishers.

I think the play selection will be tricky. It was always going to be tricky, because the plays are so specific. Alison was enthusiastic about including THREE SISTERS FROM WEST VIRGINIA in the mix, but pointed out that it was a very tight adaptation. It's not like someone else can just pick it up and do it in Anytown, USA.

At the other end of the spectrum is a production like EVERYMAN AT THE MALL, which is (as Bill pointed out) mostly a creation of the director and the production team. The text is relatively unchanged from the published version.

These are the full-length plays I think I'd include...they span a number of modes/times/places in the Cornerstone experience:

THREE SISTERS FROM WEST VIRGINIA
TWELFTH NIGHT
CENTRAL AVENUE CHALK CIRCLE
STEELBOUND
BROKEN HEARTS
WAKING UP IN LOST HILLSBODY OF FAITH

And I would include scenes from the following:
The Freddy Kreuger/Queen Mab speech from ROMEO AND JULIET
TARTOOF
HAMLET
CALIFORNIA SEAGULL
ANTIGONE
MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM
GHURUBA
EVERYMAN AT THE MALL
GOOD PERSON OF NEW HAVEN
CANDUDE
A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I ASK YOU
CROSSINGS
LONG BRIDGE

I'm going to work on a list of must-have articles from other publications next...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?