Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

Newsletters and other details...

Last night was the Bridge Awards which started with a really fantastic speech by Ben Cameron. Here's hoping he can persuaded to contribute that or something else to this collection. Ben Cobb also contributed a letter from Bill which could easily be part of the BEGINNING section. It was a wonderful evening...easily among the best of these the company has created...mostly because of Alison, Bill, and Chris. Of course I sat there all night thinking, I've got to get this book together...it is needed now....

Continuing on through the Durfee transcripts...which oddly enough were NOT mentioned in the midst of the celebration of Durfee's contributions. They are truly a fantastic resource...I must find out if there are e-versions of them.

The transcripts also reference company newsletters from the early years which might be a great resource. I'll read it all...it's really a lot of fun. I am getting confused though...people whom I do not know are popping up: James and Johnny and Sabrina...sometimes transcribers miss the names. Proper nouns are the worst at 130 WPM.

I am really struck by something that Chris said last night and that Peter says in the transcript: the presence of gays and lesbians in small town America...the connection of Cornerstone to that particular constituency. That another item to hang on to...another one of the important sidebars....

AD interviews are coming up...I'm going to try and attach Omnibus dinners to both days...here's hoping I can get some momentum with this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?