Monday, October 10, 2005

 

Durfee, right? Not Durphy!

Lee Lawlor was kind enough to dig out the 27 pounds of transcripts that were done from the company's week-plus sojourn/retreat provided courtesy of the Durfee Foundation. I've started to read them, and it's really a treat. It's fun (knowing the CTC members I do) to "hear" them captured in the transcript, and imagine their new-to-LA and ten-years-younger selves. I read a lot of transcripts in my work as a documentarian, so I'm used to it and to making the leap.

I particularly liked Chris Moore's dry introduction of himself as a Nobel Prize winning chemist, and Page Leong's modest description of her newcomer status.

These pages were one of the suggestions Bill Rauch had when we talked about important source material. I'm also going to be looking for a few articles as well. And then what to do with it all? I'm certainly going to need to use some sort of OCR software to turn those typed pages into e-text...and perhaps some voice recognition software as well?

For now it's a lot of fun just leafing through this material. It's a happy break from some of the other (very heavy) material I've been working on this year. Stalin, the Tet Offensive, the Klan...ahhhh! Cornerstone!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?