Sunday, October 16, 2005

 

Corner Store, Stepping Stone.

Everyone's getting busy with the new AD search and the Bridge Awards. I've had a hard time getting to this today. I'm setting aside at least an hour when Risa and the boys are at Sholem to work on the Omnibus. No matter what, I have that time.

Shishir and I talked about it a little today: I really do have to make the time to sit down with people and talk. So far it hasn't gone much beyond Bill and Lee.

I am enjoying the Oral History tapes...looking into the "beginning" material. I didn't know until now about "Corner Store" as one of the original names...all the nicknames and stories are intriguing. I didn't know that Lynn and Bill met within a week of arriving at Harvard--she said they called themselves the "Bill and Lynn Show." It's also intriguing to see Peter Sellers as a character who was in the atmosphere at the creation, although tough to say whether he wasa positve or negative example (seems like both, The Amazing Dialectical Man, I always like to call him). Bill's Aunt Grace and Dean Wall Flerie (sp? transcribers can't be expected to be great spellers)...a hit and run story..."North Dakota...the Badlands...that's where my stomach dropped out..."

It's interesting because the speakers aren't always ID'ed...sometimes it's like the Cornerstone Super Ego going round and round the stories it remembers about itself.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?